Making your eyes appear bigger can help create a more youthful and bright-eyed look. There are various makeup techniques and tricks that can achieve this effect. Here’s how to make your eyes appear bigger:
1. Prime Your Eyelids:
– Start with a clean canvas by applying an eyeshadow primer to prevent creasing and help your eye makeup last longer.
2. Choose the Right Eyeshadow Shades:
– Use light, neutral eyeshadow shades on your eyelids to create a bright and open look. Apply a matte or satin shade that’s slightly lighter than your skin tone.
3. Highlight the Inner Corners:
– Apply a small amount of a light, shimmery eyeshadow or highlighter to the inner corners of your eyes. This brings attention to the inner part of your eyes and makes them appear larger.
4. Eyeliner Techniques:
- Use white or nude eyeliner on your waterline to create the illusion of bigger eyes. Avoid dark eyeliners on the waterline, as they can make your eyes look smaller.
- Apply a thin line of black or brown eyeliner along your upper lash line, making it slightly thicker at the outer corners to create a subtle wing. This elongates the eyes and makes them appear larger.
5. Curl Your Lashes:
– Use an eyelash curler to give your lashes a gentle curl, which opens up your eyes and makes them look larger.
6. Mascara Magic:
– Apply mascara to your upper and lower lashes to define them. Focus on the outer lashes to create a cat-eye effect, making your eyes appear more almond-shaped and elongated.
7. Brow Grooming:
– Well-groomed eyebrows can frame your eyes and make them look more prominent. Use a brow pencil or powder to fill in and define your eyebrows. Be sure to shape them to complement your eye shape.
8. False Lashes:
– False eyelashes can add volume and length to your natural lashes, making your eyes look bigger. Opt for natural-looking lashes if you want a subtle effect or more dramatic ones for special occasions.
9. Contouring and Highlighting:
– Use matte brown eyeshadow to lightly contour your crease. This creates depth and dimension, giving the appearance of larger eyes. Highlight just beneath your brow bone to accentuate your arch.
10. Winged Eyeshadow:
– Extend your eyeshadow slightly beyond the outer corner of your eyes in a soft winged shape. This elongates your eyes and adds a touch of drama.
11. Use Concealer:
– Apply a concealer that’s one or two shades lighter than your skin tone to cover dark circles and brighten the under-eye area. This will make your eyes look more awake and larger.
12. Eyebrow Lift:
– Use a concealer or highlighter pencil to draw a line just beneath your eyebrows, following the natural arch. This can give the illusion of a lifted brow, making your eyes appear bigger.
13. Avoid Overlining:
– While overlining your lips can create the illusion of fuller lips, avoid overlining your eyes with eyeliner. This can make your eyes appear smaller. Stick to your natural lash line.
14. Practice and Experiment:
– Achieving the perfect look for larger eyes may require some practice. Experiment with different makeup techniques to find what works best for your eye shape and personal style.
Remember that makeup is a fun and creative way to enhance your features, but it’s important to embrace your natural beauty. Making your eyes appear bigger with makeup is one way to enhance your look, but confidence and self-acceptance are key to feeling your best.